Christmas Gift Suggestions!

Every year my husband asks, “What do you want for Christmas?” or “What can I get you for Christmas?” There are times when this really upsets me. What does he mean? I am constantly saying, “I wish I had ……” I guess he just does not listen. Especially when I say I wish I had something that is very expensive. Ha, selective listening I think.

Or the one statement I just love is when he says “Christmas just snuck up on me this year” What?? It is the same day every year since I can remember, December 25th, right? Men are so funny.

But when it comes to gift suggestions and buying for your wife, the story I love is a story a friend told us once. He said to avoid making a mistake in purchasing something for his wife for Christmas one year, he asked her make him a list of things she wanted.

Our friend said, that a few days later she presented him with her list. He told my husband, the number one thing on her list was - 1. NO lingerie! Wow was that a blow. She knew him well, as most men, it seems this is the first thing on their list to purchase! Heck, don’t they know most of the stuff we have is in like new condition!!! Usually the main reason we need more is the old stuff no longer fits, not worn out!!!

In thinking about all this, I thought, you know, if he asks me to make up a list I think I will categorize my gift suggestions. My list would be like this:

Sweetheart, here are some suggestions for Christmas gifts for me. For your convenience I have broken them down into categories. Love you

Category 1) Gifts in this category are things you should purchase if you really want to make me happy!
Category 2) Things in this category will not only make me happy, but will result in Sex and more sex. Win/Win for both of us, don’t look at the price tag.
Category 3) Buy me something in this category and this impersonal and you may never get sex again.
Category 4) These are things the kids can get me, not my husband!

Also, I think I will add a footnote for Categories and 1 and 2. If items are purchased within these categories, an item of lingerie may also be purchased!

My husband is a very generous loving man. I think his hesitation on purchasing gifts is that he wants to please me. Well, I think my categorization method above will be a big help and guide for him to follow! Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post, kind of drawn out though. Really good subject matter though.

Anonymous said...

Good day I was fortunate to seek your website in wordpress
your Topics is marvelous
I learn much in your blog really thanks very much
btw the theme of you blog is really fine
where can find it